Sunday, March 9, 2008

Bayou City Classic 10K Race Results

  • 90th in my 25-29 year-old age group (my friend that registered me thought I was born in 1980; I'm really 28, not 27)
  • 1178th overall
  • First 5K time: 34:17
  • First 5K pace: 10:53
  • Second 5K time: 39:52
  • Second 5K pace: 12:52
You can see where I really started to hurt in that second 5K.  Especially when you look at the runners that finished before me.  The person before me had a 37:46 initial 5K, and her pace was almost a full minute behind mine.  In fact, my first 5K pace matched the pace of the person who finished eight people before me.

And then, the dreaded knee injury - which my coach has diagnosed, based on my description, as iliotibial band (ITB) syndrome, as suspected - slowed me down to an almost thirteen-minute mile.

Sigh.  I'm going to work with my coach tomorrow at practice for some exercises and stretches to strengthen the ITB.

Sigh.

Even though I know I was injured, I still feel disappointed in those race results.  I know it was only practice, but I'm trying to be the best that I can be.

At any rate, I'm going to bounce back from this.

No comments: