Wednesday, March 5, 2008

You Want a Piece of Me?

Okay, knees.  Listen up.

You are NOT going to give me trouble, you hear me?  That little stunt you pulled today on our run?  So.  Not.  Cool.  We ran for 30 minutes anyway, didn't we?  Oh yes, we did, and you'd better stop acting up, because I don't want to have to cut any of my runs short because of you.  You already prevented me from getting a full three miles in today, and that's not cool, because the wind was working against us as it is.  

Come to think of it, this is really quite immature of you.  I haven't done anything wrong by you.  I'm wearing the right shoes.  I'm running primarily (and almost exclusively) on gravel.  I'm resting you anytime that we're not running.  So what gives?  Why you giving me lip?

Is it because you know I want to run in the Bayou City Classic on Saturday?  Is that it?  Look, I know it's pavement.  Believe me, I understand that.  If you don't want to run, we don't have to run on Thursday or Friday; we'll cross-train instead.  But we're doing that 10K.  Because I said so.  So get your act together, knees.  Because you're not going to slow me down like you used to in high school.  You got that?

Yes, knees, I am threatening you.

No comments: